Thai Tom Yam Seafood Noodle Soup
The soup is a milder version of Thai tom yam kung, sour and spicy soup with more coconut milk yet without the traditional tom yam kung paste. While the thrill of the taste decreases, the fragrance still remains appetizing. With chewy Wu Mu Enriched Noodles, this dish is suitable for all meals and families of all ages.
Used Wu Mu Product
Wu Mu Enricjed Noodles
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
Wu Mu Enriched Noodles for 2 servings
8 white shrimps from Costco
10 clams from Costco
half a pack of beech mushrooms
half a pack of white beech mushrooms
A handful of Chinese basil
1 pack of tom yam spices
Half of a lemon
3 tsp. fish sauce
A proper amount of cilantro
800 c.c. water
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
½ Tbsp. sugar
½ Tbsp. salt
- Large and tasty, white shrimps from Costco speak out their freshness by their impressive size and taste! And clams from Costco have a fulfilling size and juicy texture. You don’t even have to purge sand from clams before cooking them.
- In this dish, we use a combination of tom yam soup and vegetable broth. Traditionally, tom yam kung uses straw mushrooms, which might not be accessible in other countries. So in this recipe, we use beech and white beech mushrooms instead. If you prefer a thicker texture, you may add tom yam kung paste. If you like to make it spicier, feel free to add some chilis.
- Boil the clams and set them aside. Keep the boiling water for the broth.
- Pour oil into a pan and turn on the heat. Put the shrimps until cooked and set them aside for later use.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan, and then put eggplant, tomato, and mushrooms into the pan. As the vegetables soften, pour the clam water into the pan.
- After bringing water to a boil, put the spices and Chinese basil into the pan. After simmering for 10 minutes, pour coconut milk and add salt and sugar to taste.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes, and then put back the shrimps and clams to the pan. Add fish sauce and lemon juice before turning off the heat.
- Follow the instructions of Wu Mu Enriched Noodles to cook the noodles.
- Combine the noodles with the soup, and then sprinkle some cilantro. The Thai tom yam seafood noodle soup is done.